Meet Lisa Haydon, Bollywood's new hottie!


Born to an Indian father and Australian mother, the 23-year-old model with sharp features, also known as the face of cosmetics giant Lakme, is leaving no stone unturned to make it big in the industry.

"I am still continuing with my Hindi classes because I am still learning to speak it fluently minus an accent, " she said.

Apart from these classes, the model-turned-actress is also watching a lot of Bollywood movies to increase her knowledge of Indian cinema and, of course, to improve her fluency in the language.

"I grew up watching a few movies like 'Taal', but these days I have been watching Hindi movies religiously to brush up my cinema knowledge and learn it as well, " said Lisa.

"Aisha", which is her first Bollywood movie, will be released Aug 6. Starring Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol in the leads, it is an adaptation of Jane Austen's novel Emma and Sonam plays the main protagonist of a matchmaker.

Call it luck that Lisa was spotted by Anil Kapoor, producer of "Aisha", at a coffee shop. He got in touch with her agency, Elite model management, and she got the role of Aarti Menon in the movie.

Talking about her character, Lisa said: "It is the role of a girl who has come back from New York and is the business partner of Arjun (Abhay Deol) in the movie.



Lisa was born in Chennai and has lived in Australia, India and the US. She started modelling at the age of 19 in Australia and then she moved to India in 2007 at the age of 21.


Ever since, she has walked the ramp for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) and HDIL-India Couture Week (HDIL-ICW) and also featured in commercials like Hyundai 120, Indigo Nation and Blender's Pride.


"When I was selected for the role, I was nervous about my acting skills. So to be more comfortable in front of the camera, I went to an acting school in New York for three months and learnt 'method acting', " said Haydon.



No comments:

Post a Comment